While most (…ok all) of my posts can be slightly depressing, I figured it’s important to mention that sometimes, you need to look at the lighter side of things!
Here’s my top 10 list of…
“You Know You’re Infertile When…”
10. When someone asks you what day it is, you respond by answering with your cycle day.
9. You buy home pregnancy tests in bulk from the dollar store… (because your husband threatens to leave you if you continue to buy the $20 ones!)
8. Every time you see fraternal twins your first thought is “I wonder if they were fresh or frosties?”
7. You take a home pregnancy test after taking an HCG trigger shot just so you can see the elusive 2 positive lines.
6. You learn how to read transvaginal ultrasounds while lying on your back.
5. You have a dedicated shelf in your fridge for injectable medications, needles, and vials.
4. You ever wondered if it’d be considered a threesome if the RE plus your husband were in the room when they finally got your pregnant.
3. You have shot up in bathroom stalls at work, restaurants, movies, theatres… and it was perfectly legal.
2. You actually know exactly how thick your uterus is, how many sperm your husband has, or how many follicles are currently growing in each of your ovaries at any given time.
1. You cringe at a phone bill if you have $1.25 in overages but smile and hand over your credit card at fertility bills in the thousands without a second thought.